Embassy House, Harambee Av Mezzanine Door 3
WELCOME TO Thamana Insurance Agency
General Insurance is the term used for protecting your important possessions, such as your home and car. It also covers commercial insurance which ensures your business is protected against any potential risk.
Car or Motor insurance is mandatory in Kenya. You can have either third party insurance or Comprehensive insurance.
Car or Motor insurance is mandatory in Kenya. You can have
either third party insurance or Comprehensive insurance.
Own goods refers to goods which form part of the client’s business. As a business owner, anything can go wrong and this type of insurance provides comprehensive commercial auto insurance to compensate your vehicles against accidental loss or damage whilst being used to transport own goods.
- Accidental damage to the vehicle including malicious damage, riot and strike.
- Theft and Fire damage
- Third party Liability
This category is for commercial vehicles used by the insured for hire/reward business such as lorries, trucks, pickups, trailers and motor trade. This provides comprehensive commercial vehicle insurance to compensate individuals, businesses and logistic companies/transporters against accidental loss or damages to their motor vehicles and their accessories including legal liability to third parties.
- Protection against accidental damage to the vehicle including malicious damage, riot and strike.
- Protection against Theft and Fire damage.
Professional Indemnity ( PI )
Professional Indemnity Insurance is a form of liability insurance which helps protect professionals from legal liability that may arise due to acts of negligence, error or omission in the rendering of or failure to render professional services for others in the insured’s capacity as a professional.
- Financial protection from lawsuits- i) The policy pays for the costs of defending any action brought against the insured in their professional capacity, ii) The professional Indemnity Policy covers court judgement awards, iii) The policy also covers loss of documents fees and expenses may have arisen.
- Peace of Mind: Performing professional services with greater confidence bring effective results. Professional Indemnity Insurance provides helping hand in such scenario and handle all your strain by providing the required monetary help.
- Increases Credibility Professional Indemnity Insurance enhances your goodwill and brand image. It assures your clients and investors that whatever professional services you are rendering if some discrepancies arise, professional Indemnity Insurance is there to provide strong support.
- The smooth running of your business: Claims arising due to error and omission may cause huge financial loss and interruptions in your operations. But Professional Indemnity Insurance helps in restoring the former business position after all the losses incurred due to legal court procedures.
Fire and Burglary
-Burglary insurance is a policy that covers losses or damage resulting from or following the unlawful breaking and entering of designated premises or places of safekeeping.
It provides financial compensation against loss or damage to property contained in your premises by acts of Burglary e.g i) Loss of or damages to the property insured caused by theft following actual forcible and violent entry into or exit from premises, ii) Any damage to the premises described in the schedule for which the insured is responsible following upon or occasioned by an actual forcible and violet entry or exit from the premises or any attempt thereat.
Fire insurance provides protection against loss in the event of a fire. This insurance policy covers loss or damage to property caused by fire, lighting, explosion, earthquake, bush fire, riot related perils.
Domestic Package/Home Insurance
Home insurance (also known as Domestic Package) is one of the most important insurance products on the market. It’s no secret that people take great pride in their home and spend a huge amount of time and effort in making it their perfect place, often at great expense. With this in mind, high-quality home or household insurance is paramount as it needs to give all-round protection to your prized asset.
Goods in Transit
Goods in Transit Insurance is a policy that cover for loss or damage to various types of goods while in transit by road, rail or any inland waterway within the geographical area set out in the policy.
- Open cover where an indication is made of the total number of transits anticipated during the year. This estimation will be subject to actual transits that will be declared.
- Specific Cover which covers particular consignments, which have been declared before the actual transit.
Cash in Transit
Money or Cash in Transit is an insurance policy that covers against loss of money while in the insured premises locked in a safe, in transit an route to a final destination and while in custody of and authorized employee.
This policy covers loss or damage to money by robbery or theft while:
- In transit from your premises to the bank and vice versa
- In your premises during business hours
- In your premises in locked safes/strong rooms outside business hours
- Loss of money in the custody of an authorized employee
- Loss of or damage to safes or strong rooms insured in the process of a theft or threat
Marine Cargo Insurance policy provides indemnity against loss or damage for goods being transported by sea or air and incidental land transportation.
This insurance cover should be taken by an individual or a corporate to protect their lives and assets in case of loss/damage or even delay.
It covers all imports to Kenya regardless of the mode of transport.
Travel with complete confidence anywhere in the world, knowing that all major medical costs will be covered including treatment in recognized hospital and emergency medical evacuation.
Contractors All Risk ( CAR )
We understand that you as the Contractor, your construction projects are exposed to a number of unforeseeable risks. Have you got these risks covered? The contractors All Risks Insurance Covers the contractor for loss or damage to contract works, materials and equipment from client perils that may occur during the course of construction (of buildings, roads, bridges, dams, and other like infrastructure). The perils covered include fire, lightening, flood, storm and tempest, acts of God, theft, malicious damage, impact damage. The policy is extended to include liabilities to third parties for bodily injury or damage to property.
1. To protect you against financial losses
For example, if you must cancel your trip due to an unexpected event, such as an illness or the death of a loved one, travel insurance can help reimburse you for your non-refundable expenses such as flights and accommodation costs. Similarly, if your flight is delayed or you miss a connecting flight, travel insurance can help cover the costs of an extended hotel stay.
2. You are protected in case of medical emergencies.
If you become ill or injured while travelling, your travel insurance can provide coverage for medical expenses incurred including hospitals stays, medical evacuation to the hospital and back home. This is especially important if you are traveling to a destination with limited medical facilities or where medical treatment costs are very exorbitant.
3. Coverage for lost or stolen checked-in luggage
If your checked-in luggage is lost or stolen during your trip, travel insurance can cover the cost of replacing your belongings such as clothing, electronics and personal items.
4. Personal Liability Coverage during your vacation
If you are held responsible for damaging someone else’s property or causing harm to another person while on trip, travel insurance can cover the cost of legal expenses and damages.
When purchasing travel insurance, it’s important to consider your specific needs and the types of coverage that are most important to you. At GA Insurance, we have 4 main tailor-made Kenya travel insurance packages for your consideration, and they include:
Student Package – This is a travel cover which is ideal for students travelling abroad for studies.
Outbound Package– This is a travel cover that caters for your business, personal, group and family vacation trips abroad.
Inbound Package-This is a travel cover for anyone travelling to Kenya for either business, personal, group or family vacation trips.
Domestic Package– The travel cover targeting Kenyan residents travelling within Kenya.
All the above travel insurance policies provide a broad range of coverages for various types of risks and emergencies such as medical coverage or trip cancellation coverage.
In conclusion, it is important to consider taking a travel package that will meet your needs when making travelling plans. The cover provides financial protection and can give you peace of mind while traveling knowing you will be covered during unexpected events and emergencies. By considering your specific needs and researching the available options with us, you can find the right Kenya travel insurance policy to protect your vacation.
There are three main types :
1. Marine hull insurance – This type of marine insurance protects your vessel (boat) from physical damage. If your boat were to sink, this would mean losing everything on board including any valuable equipment and supplies
2. Marine cargo insurance – Cargo insurance helps you recover money if something happens to your goods while they’re being transported by sea.
3. Liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from legal claims made by third parties who may suffer injury or property damage due to your negligence.
All three cover different aspects of your business. They all work together to protect your assets from loss or damage.
The reason you need marine insurance is simple – because you don’t want anything bad happening to your boat or your cargo! You could lose thousands of dollars worth of personal belongings or even go bankrupt if your boat sinks or your cargo gets damaged.
So, before you make any big decisions regarding your boat or cargo, ensure you have the right insurance coverage in place.
The way marine insurance works is very similar to car insurance. Your insurer pays out when an insured event occurs. An insured event is anything that causes damage to your boat or cargo. For example, if your boat was hit by another boat, then your insurer would pay to repair or replace the boat.
If your boat sank, your insurer would pay out for the cost of repairing or replacing it.
In both cases, the amount paid out depends on the value of the item lost or damaged.
For example, if you had Kshs.5million worth of cargo on board your boat, and it got damaged, your insurer would pay you back Kshs. 5million
Anyone involved in a maritime activity needs marine insurance. That means anyone who owns a boat, sails, fishes, or transports goods by sea.
It doesn’t matter whether you own a small dinghy or a large yacht. The only thing that matters is that you use your boat to transport people or goods across the water.
You might not think about it, but there are many things that can happen to your boat or cargo while you’re sailing around the world. These include collisions with other boats, storms, fires, theft, vandalism, and more.
You need marine insurance to protect yourself and your assets from these events. Contact us today for a customized quote